• Studied Law at Universidad Rafael Landívar of Guatemala, C.A.
• Law Degree, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, 1981.
• Admitted to the Bar, Supreme Court, 1982.
• Master in International Studies, University of Chile, 2002.
• Assistant Professor of the Political Science Institute, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, 1978 – 1980.
• Professor of Political and Constitutional Law, Faculty of Law, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, since 1982; University of Chile; Santiago de Chile; Maritime of Chile and The Americas Universities; the National Academy of Political and Strategic Studies; and at the Army War College.
• Conference lecturer and lecturer at universities in the United States, Brazil, Argentina and Guatemala.
• Legal counsel for the Division of Municipalities of the Comptroller General’s Office and Legal Adviser of the General Secretariat of Government and at the General Secretariat of the Presidency Ministries.
• Chilean Bar Association scholarship, granted to participate in the course on European Community Law applied to Latin America, 2004.
• ‘Monsignor Carlos Casanueva’ and ‘Luis Gutiérrez Allende’ awards, after completing her law studies.
• ‘Teaching Excellence’ and ‘Teaching Recognition’ awards for her academic career, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile.
• Member of the Board of the Faculty of Law, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, since 2005.
• She has published several articles related to Constitutional Law, Constitutional Law and Public International Law, both in national and foreign legal editions.
• Acting Member of the Constitutional Court, January-May 2006.
• Minister of the Constitutional Court, appointed by the Supreme Court, May 2006-May 4th, 2009.
• Minister of the Constitutional Court, appointed by the Supreme Court, June 8th, 2009, for a term of nine years, until June 10th, 2018.